Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beginnings ...

As an undergraduate, I never thought much about the parallels between art and science. It took a pal of mine - Anthony Tassarotti - to lead me down that path. At the time, I was a student in Sam McGee-Russell's electron microscopy class, and "Tony" was deeply involved with photography. When he saw some of my micrographs, he went into the darkroom and started making some "crazy prints" (my words at the time).


Anthony's rendering of a carbon-platinum shadowed latex sphere



You never know where friendships will take you!

1 comment:

  1. This image reminds me of Katherine's vessels as photographed on the Ferrar in November 2008 - those long shadows playing tricks on the eye, interfering with all 'usual' notions of time and space.

    . . . and no, you never know where friendships will take you.

    ReplyDelete